BOY BURNED A 1-year-old boy was seriously burned Wednesday and flown to Massachusetts General Hospital after a campfire got out of control in the backyard of his Maine home, officials said. Wyatt Chandler was sitting next to his mother near their backyard campfire on Pleasant Street in Calais when the boy’s father, Joshua Barnard, tried to pour a flammable liquid over the fire, the Maine state fire marshal’s office said in a statement. “They were planning on cooking hotdogs and s’mores,” the statement said. The flames caught the bottle of flammable liquid, setting the plastic bottle on fire. Barnard dropped the plastic bottle, but the contents spilled on his son, burning 60 percent of the boy’s body, the statement said.

 WATER RESCUE Three people were rescued from Wequaquet Lake in Centerville after their personal watercraft capsized late Wednesday night, officials said. The Centerville-Osterville-Marstons Mills Fire Department received a call at about 11:50 p.m. Wednesday from Barnstable police for a report of a person in distress on the 654-acre lake, the fire department said in a statement. A later report said it was a WaveRunner that capsized, leaving three people in the water. The fire department dispatched crews — including two ambulances with two small boats and a dive team — to a dock located at 460 Shootflying Hill Road in Centerville, according to the statement. Upon arrival, crews found that “the 3 individuals had been pulled from the water by a family member in a separate boat and were being brought to shore,” firefighters said. The three people were evaluated by EMS and did not need to go to the hospital, firefighters said. A fire boat later retrieved that WaveRunner and brought it to shore.

 BODY FOUND The body of a man was found tethered to a sailboat that washed ashore on Cape Cod Wednesday afternoon, according to police. Yarmouth Deputy Chief Steven G. Xiarhos said police received a 911 call at 1:09 p.m. from a citizen at a beach on South Shore Drive who witnessed the large sailboat come ashore. Yarmouth police and natural resource officers responded and found a deceased local elderly man attached by a rope to the sailboat on the shoreline near Judan Way. The man, whose name has not been released, was wearing a lifejacket, according to police. “The preliminary investigation indicates the death may have occurred due to a medical or accidental incident,” Xiarhos said in an e-mailed statement. “As in all untimely deaths, the investigation is now under the control of the Massachusetts State and Environmental Police.”


 TEEN HURT A teenager was injured during a physical altercation with two other teenagers at the MBTA’s Fields Corner Station on the Red Line on Thursday afternoon, Transit Police said. The student, a juvenile, was transported to an area hospital as a precaution, Transit Police Superintendent Richard Sullivan said. Sullivan said officers responded to the station around 1:20 p.m. to investigate reports of a physical altercation underway. The injured teen was treated by Boston Emergency Medical Services at the scene and taken to the hospital, he said. No arrests were made, and Sullivan said the investigation is ongoing. He said the incident did not affect Red Line service.